Men's Club Match Play
MATCH PLAY INFORMATION
- Each match play participant is guaranteed three matches. There are four pools of four players. There is a round robin in each pool. The winner of each pool will play a semi-final match with the winners of the semi-finals playing in the match play final.
- Round robin matches may end in a tie. One point is awarded for a win and a half point awarded for a tie. The highest point total in each pool after the round robin advances to the semi-finals. If two or more players are tied in a pool after the round robin, tie breaker matches will be played.
- RCGA match play rules apply.
- Matches are handicapped using the current handicap of each player as of the date of the match.
- The lower net score on a hole wins the hole. (RCGA Rule 2-1)
- Combining match play with stroke play is not permitted. (RCGA Rule 33-1)
- Matches may be played on any day of the week. If the match is played on a Wednesday, the match participants are not participants in the Wednesday games. See combining match play with stroke play above.
- Either blue tees or white tees may be used. Participants must agree on which tees to use prior to the start of the match.
- The list of match play opponents is shown on the Mill Woods Men’s Golf Club bulletin board.
- Participants are responsible for scheduling their matches. Round robin matches may be played in any order. Round robin matches should be completed by June 30th.
- Contact the match play coordinator if you are unable to schedule your match.
- Inform the match play coordinator with the results of each match.
- Match play coordinator – Mike Perron, 780.271.6394 – email@example.com