Men's Club Match Play
MATCH PLAY INFORMATION
- Each match play participant is guaranteed four matches. There are four pools of five players. There is a round robin in each pool. The winner of each pool will play a semi-final match with the winners of the semi-finals playing in the match play final.
- Round robin matches may end in a tie. One point is awarded for a win and a half point awarded for a tie. The highest point total in each pool after the round robin advances to the semi-finals. If two or more players are tied in a pool after the round robin, tiebreaker matches will be played.
- RCGA match play rules apply.
- Matches are handicapped using the current handicap of each player as of the date of the match.
- The lower net score on a hole wins the hole. (RCGA Rule 2-1)
- Combining match play with stroke play is not permitted. (RCGA Rule 33-1)
- Matches may be played on any day of the week at the Mill Woods Golf Course. If the match is played on a Wednesday, the match participants are not participants in the Wednesday games. See combining match play with stroke play above.
- Either blue tees or white tees may be used. Participants must agree on which tees to use prior to the start of the match. If agreement is not reached, the match will be played from the white tees.
- The list of match play opponents is shown on the Mill Woods Men’s Golf Club bulletin board.
- Participants are responsible for scheduling their matches. Round robin matches may be played in any order. Round robin matches should be completed by June 30th.
- Contact the match play coordinator if you are unable to schedule your match.
- Inform the match play coordinator as soon as possible with the results of each match.
- Match play coordinator – Mike Perron, 780.271.6394 – firstname.lastname@example.org.